It’s been nearly ten years since Frank Miller and Robert Rodriguez unleashed the first Sin City film on the world and blew our minds with their visually innovative method of transferring Miller’s noir-influenced style from the page to the screen. Sin City: A Dame to Kill For comes out in August, and so far, I’ve been really mixed on the trailers (and poster controversy). I was a huge fan of the first movie when it came out, but so much time has passed, that I’m guessing a lot of people’s interest in the property has waned considerably in the intervening years. But the film’s newest trailer is so cool, it might actually get people excited for this movie again. Check it out below:
If you couldn’t tell by my introduction, I’m a big fan of this trailer. I’m hoping the final film sort of mirrors its structure, too – starting with individual character strands and then seeing them unite to take down the bad guy. I’m interesting in the timing of how all of this will play out, too, considering Mickey Rourke’s Marv (spoiler alert) dies in the first movie but he’s still around, but it looks like Bruce Willis’ Hartigan has already died and Jessica Alba’s Nancy storyline takes place after his death in this film. And what can I say? I’m a sucker for the visual style.
Are you excited about Sin City: A Dame to Kill For? Let us know in the comments!
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014