The cast for Spider-Man: Homecoming has quickly become one of Marvel’s most diverse casts to date, and in a movie where a majority of the characters are high schoolers (except for some birdmen and an Iron Man), that’s an extremely heartening thing to see. Following the most recent cast additions of stars like Hannibal Buress, Logan Marshall-Green, Donald Glover, Martin Starr, and more as well, it’s been steadily filling out some of the older roles in the film, most of whom are still unknown.
It looks like Homecoming has added yet another rising young star to its cast though, as filming on the movie continues in Atlanta, GA with Deadline reporting that Beasts of No Nation breakout star, Abraham Attah, has been cast in the film as well, in a currently unknown role. Jon Watts is directing Homecoming from a script by John Francis Daley and and Jonathan Goldstein.
With rumors of a possible Miles Morales inclusion in the film, which have only grown following the casting of Glover, Attah is the right age and ethnicity to portray Morales onscreen. There’s no way to know for certain whether or not that’s who Attah is playing of course, but after winning several independent film awards for his performance in Beasts of No Nation last year, the young star has proven he has the chops to play basically whatever role they throw at him now.
The film will pick up with Peter Parker (Tom Holland) following his introduction in Captain America: Civil War earlier this year, and will follow Peter as he tries to figure out who he is and where he fits in the world around him. With many praising Holland’s performance as the best onscreen Spider-Man, and Homecoming already being compared to the 1980s coming-of-age stories that we all love, it’s very possible that Homecoming could give fans the Peter Parker story that they’ve been waiting their entire lives to see.
Spider-Man: Homecoming is set to hit theatres on July 7th, 2017.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016