Today is known widely as “First Contact Day” amongst the Star Trek fan community out there, as it marks the first day that Vulcans and humans made contact in the Star Trek lore, and it looks like we’re not the only ones celebrating, with director Justin Lin of this summer’s Star Trek Beyond recently tweeting out a photo and contest that should make all of you die hard Trek fans out there very, very happy.
First, the director tweeted about Happy First Contact Day! on his Twitter account, which included a photo of him and two other mystery aliens, taken on the first day of production on the film, which has long since wrapped.
Check out the tweet below:
— Justin Lin (@trailingjohnson) April 5, 2016
Included in the tweet as well though, was a link to a contest beginning today, in which fans will have to correctly guess who the two actors playing those characters are, with the only hint being that they’re two stars that Lin has worked with before (could the big one’s name possibly rhyme with The Block? Just saying…). The first person to guess correctly will win an official Star Trek Beyond crew T-shirt and signed poster for the film. Though Lin does also say that the shirt contains a spoiler, so he will have to send it closer to the film’s actual release.
Nonetheless, make sure to send your guesses in as quickly as possible before someone else already wins, and once again, Happy First Contact Day everyone!
Star Trek Beyond will hit theatres on July 22nd.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016