I saw The Clone Wars animated movie, but never got into the animated series. But after watching the first few minutes of Disney XD’s “Star Wars: Rebels,” I might actually have to carve out some time to check out the animated adventures of a new series of characters. Watch it for yourselves below:
From what I’ve seen so far, this series has a great mixture of new characters, old archetypes, and the feeling evoked by the original trilogy. Sounds like a winning combination to me, and with geek guru Simon Kinberg heavily involved as an executive producer, this could turn into something very special. Check out the synopsis for the series below, and keep your eyes peeled to Disney XD in October for the full premiere.
Star Wars Rebels continues the epic tradition of the legendary Star Wars saga with all-new exciting, action-packed adventures. It is a dark time in the galaxy, as the evil Galactic Empire tightens its grip of power from world to world. As the series begins, Imperial forces have occupied a remote planet, ruling with an iron fist and ruining the lives of its people. The clever and motley crew of the starship Ghost is amongst a select few who are brave enough to stand against the Empire. Together, this ragtag group will face threatening new villains, encounter colorful adversaries, embark on thrilling adventures and become heroes with the power to ignite a rebellion.
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014