The DC TV shows have had no problem with paying homage to those that have come before, with Supergirl in particular seeming to recognize past DC TV actors more than most with the casting of both Helen Slater, who previously played Supergirl, and Dean Cain in the series, most well-known for his role as Superman in the 1990s.
Now, following a recent screening of the upcoming Supergirl and Flash crossover episode, executive producers Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg have revealed (via EW) plans to introduce yet another iconic DC alum with a powerful guest role next year.
Yes, it’s true, Wonder Woman herself, Lynda Carter will be returning to the DC universe as Berlanti revealed:
“We had the perfect role for Lynda Carter. We couldn’t work out her schedule. Next year. All right, she’s the female president of the United States.”
Of course. What better way to bring back Carter, best known for playing the iconic, strong comic book character, than by having her play the most powerful non-superpowered individual in the world? I’d act surprised, if not for the fact that it totally stays in line with Kreisberg and Berlanti’s style.
We’re still waiting to see if CBS will renew the series for another season or not, but if it gets the greenlight, I guess fans can look forward to seeing even more familiar faces begin popping up next year.
Supergirl airs every Monday night on CBS.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016