Supergirl has been a fairly steady hit for CBS over the past few months following its series premiere, and with the crossover between itself and The Flash happening in just a few short weeks, some promising news has come regarding the series future, and in case you couldn’t have already guessed it, things are looking good for the last surviving Daughter of Krypton.
Deadline is reporting that at the Deutsche Bank Media, Internet, and Telecom Conference this morning, CBS CEO Les Moonves teased a possible season 2 renewal for the network’s superhero series, along with four other freshman projects from last year. Check out Moonves’ official quote below:
“We have about five new shows on this year. Of those five, I believe all five of them will be renewed, and we own four of them.”
Now the math itself doesn’t quite turn out as perfectly as Moonves makes it seem, since while there were in fact five new series last year (Limitless, Code Black, Life in Pieces, Supergirl and Angel from Hell) the latter has already been canceled, and even though CBS does own four of the shows, if Angel from Hell has already been axed, then Moonves might be just a little bit too vague for us to know for sure what he means.
It’s not a big jump to say that the network will likely renew Supergirl for another season though, with the series bringing in steady, quality ratings over the past few months and star Melissa Benoist in particular, receiving rave reviews from critics, which makes this whole thing a bit of a no brainer, especially since it’s on the verge of becoming officially connected to the rest of the CW DC TV shows.
Supergirl airs every Monday night on CBS.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016