The internet has slowly been killing the newspaper industry and now even Superman wants out.
Clark Kent has quit his beat at The Daily Planet, a job he’s held for more than six decades, in the newest issue of the comic book out now.
“I was taught to believe you could use words to change the course of rivers — that even the darkest secrets would fall under the harsh light of the sun,” he explains in the comic “But facts have been replaced by opinions. Information has been replaced by entertainment. Reporters have become stenographers. I can’t be the only one who’s sick of what passes for the news today.”
I’m curious to know what Kent’s new alter-ego will be. ‘Clark Kent the Handsome Blogger’ just doesn’t have the same ring to it.
What do you think about this new development?
Latest posts by maggiegrainger (see all)
- Indiana Jones Denied Tenure - November 21, 2012
- Superman Quits His Day Job - October 26, 2012
- Librarian Gets Cool Geeky Tat - October 18, 2012
- Ghost Singles Helps You Make A Love Connection With The Dead - October 11, 2012
- Fifth Element Gets the Stage Treatment - October 5, 2012