Syfy’s upcoming Happy! pilot now has a big name attached: Former Law & Order: Special Victims Unit star Christopher Meloni.
Meloni is set to play Nick Sax, according to The Hollywood Reporter, a former cop who makes his living as a hitman – that is until a way-too-happy imaginary blue winged horse changes his life.
Happy! is based on the graphic novel from Grant Morrison first published in 2013, not to be confused with the 1990s Japanese manga that was turned into two live-action television movies in that country in 2006. Morrison is known for his extensive work in the DC Comics universe including Batman, JLA and All-Star Superman.
Syfy is expected to shoot the pilot at the beginning of next year based on a script from Darick Robertson, Brian Taylor and Morrison. Taylor, who is usually credited using just his last name, also helped write 2010’s Jonah Hex, will direct. Robertson is the artist who helped bring Happy! to life.
Meloni has played August Pullman in the WGN anti-slavery series Underground. He also appeared in Netflix’ Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp and Surviving Jack. On the film side, he’s appeared in Man of Steel and alongside John Travolta in I Am Wrath.
Meloni was nominated for an Emmy in 2006 for his work in SVU, a show he worked on from 1999 to 2011.
Latest posts by Michael Hinman (see all)
- ‘Fantastic Beasts’ Magically Turns Dumbledore Into Jude Law - April 14, 2017
- Josh Brolin Pulls Double Duty, Taking On Cable - April 13, 2017
- Worf Actor Rejects ‘Discovery’ Appearance Over Money - April 13, 2017
- The Tricorder Is Here: Self-Funded ER Doc Wins X Prize - April 13, 2017
- ‘Boss Baby’ Still Box Office Boss … But Not For Long - April 10, 2017