Last weekend, cast members from both “The Flash” and “Arrow” descended upon this year’s Paleyfest alongside executive producers Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg and Marc Guggenheim to talk about the aforementioned shows and whet the fanboy/fangirl appetite with details about the NEXT spinoff show to emerge from the “Arrow-Flash” coupling. That show will not only have heroes and villains we already know (The Atom, Black Canary, Dr. Martin Stein — who shares the Firestorm power with Ronnie Raymond — and of course, Captain Cold) but will also feature no less than THREE DC characters never before seen on TV.
Berlanti (above, 4th from left) said there was indeed a process into figuring out who goes where
“In picking them, it was very much about picking, ‘who are some of the most popular characters we’ve created?’ and also, tonally, who went with who? How disparate could we make it? And we’re also introducing these three new characters that we’re casting right now… I think it’s really important that we have another female hero on the show, and this one is really exciting. I can’t wait for people to find out — we just have to cast it right, as always. And then you want that Rat Pack-y kind of vibe of all this crew hanging out, as disparate and as different as they are.”
“Another female hero on the show”?! AHHHHHHH THAT’S exciting!!
Berlanti also told Variety the new show will be “most similar to our crossover episodes, where you feel that ‘event-iness,’ but all the time.”
I approve of ALL THIS…what about you? Who do you hope to see jump from the page to the stage (so to speak)?
Latest posts by Cricket Lee (see all)
- ‘Full House’ Sequel ‘Fuller House’ Reveals a Similar Storyline to the Original Series - July 30, 2015
- “Breaking Bad” Real Estate: Jesse Pinkman’s House Is For Sale! (REALLY!) - July 29, 2015
- Let’s Review: “Behind The Mask: The ‘Batman: Dead End’ Story” - July 27, 2015
- Adult Swim’s “RickAndMortyRickstaverse” Instagram Offers Hours Of Exploration (LITERALLY) - July 24, 2015
- Check Out What Happens When ‘Jurassic Park’ and High Heels Combine - July 23, 2015