Confession time: I still watch “Family Guy,” I think Seth MacFarlane is a funny and talented guy, and I thought his first film, Ted, was pretty enjoyable. I know a lot of people don’t like him for whatever reason – he’s offensive, his comedy style doesn’t appeal to their senses, perhaps even jealousy comes into play a little – but I dig the fact that he’s a sort of old school entertainer (he loves Sinatra-esque songs, and has the pipes to belt ’em) who has a clear love for comedy and paying homage to those who came before him.
MacFarlane just finished shooting his second movie, a comedy/western called A Million Ways to Die in the West, but because Ted was such a surprise hit – it earned about $550 worldwide – we’re about to see more of Mark Wahlberg and that foul-mouthed CG teddy bear who loves Flash Gordon. MacFarlane tweeted the following when a fan asked him when we can expect to see Ted 2 hit the big screen:
— Seth MacFarlane (@SethMacFarlane) August 14, 2013
Screencrush reached out to Universal and confirmed that the April 2015 release date is accurate, so Ted 2 will join Independence Day 2, Terminator 5, Finding Dory, Star Wars: Episode VII, and a host of other sequels at the multiplex two years from now. If you like big budget summer films, I’d suggest you start saving money now: it’ll probably cost a couple hundred dollars (based on where you live, of course) to see all of these huge films that year.
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014