Today’s the day – well, tonight’s the night if we want to get technical… Suicide Squad will be debuting a second trailer this evening during a presentation on the CW during their superhero to TV line up. Calling it DC Films Presents: Dawn of Justice League the special will be hosted by Geoff Johns and Kevin Smith, and will show the new trailer for David Ayer’s #Skwad as well as new looks at Batman V Superman and Wonder Woman. Should be an interesting night, for sure.
To celebrate all this awesomeness, WB and DC Films have been quietly unveiling all sorts of new posters from Suicide Squad. They are not your average posters, showing the kind of originality not seen in a marketing campaign in a long time. Here’s another example (care of Collider) for you to gaze upon.
The originality continues here, in my opinion. As I said with yesterday’s character posters, thankfully, we have no giant, floating heads superimposed on to giant, burning set-pieces. You know, per usual (kind of talking to you Marvel).
I love the look of this one; it tells a story to be sure – and why is Joker off to the side without seeming to be a part of the squad? See, story (and he probably doesn’t know there’s no I in team). It’s refreshing to see a marketing campaign do something fun and original. Now we will wait and see if the new trailer blows us away.
Suicide Squad releases in theaters this August 5th, 2016.
So come on back TONIGHT to catch the latest Suicide Squad trailer. And for all your DC Film news, make sure to check back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Mark Reilly (see all)
- Charlize Theron in Talks to Join ‘Fast 8’ as Villain - February 9, 2016
- ‘Deadpool 2’ Has Already Been Written - February 9, 2016
- Where’s Dory? New Disney/Pixar Posters Revealed for ‘Finding Dory’ - February 9, 2016
- Ava DuVernay Offered ‘Wrinkle in Time’ & Sci-Fi Thriller Starring Lupita Nyong’o - February 8, 2016
- GALLERY: Artists Re-Imagine ‘Star Wars’ in the Most Amazing Ways - February 8, 2016