We’re still disappointed that Lionsgate split The Hunger Games: Mockingjay into two movies, but that seems to be all the rage these days, and as the box office success of The Hunger Games: Catching Fire proved, this franchise’s fan base is certainly strong enough that they’ll turn out in droves for anything Hunger Games-related. The first part of the final part of the story hits theaters this year on November 11th, and part two – which is currently the last planned Hunger Games movie, but who knows if they’ll end up making a spin-off, prequel, or drag this thing out with another sequel – will arrive a little more than a year later on November 20th, 2015.
In the meantime, though, fans of the franchise will probably want to take a look at the video below, released by Lionsgate this morning. In it, President Snow (Donald Sutherland) addresses the nation of Panem and continues his schtick of making threats against the growing rebellion. There’s dissent in the Capitol thanks to the events of the last movie, and – speaking of what happened in the last movie – a kidnapped Peeta stands behind Snow in the video, looking off into the distance. Has he been brainwashed? Is he there against his will? Is he President Snow’s new personal assistant? We’ll have to wait until November to find out.
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014