Earlier this week, the first official images from The LEGO Batman Movie were released, teasing the upcoming LEGO spin-off about the beloved character who had a fairly notable role in The LEGO Movie. Focusing entirely on Will Arnett’s somewhat self-parodying, narcissistic version of the Dark Knight, the film promises to show us a Batman we’ve never seen before, and probably for good reason.
Now today, the first official trailer for the film debuted online, not only revealing our first look at the movie as a whole, but also the film’s version of the Batcave, the Batcomputer, and more.
Check out the first trailer below:
Honestly, this looks basically like how I imagined it would, and that’s not even remotely a bad thing.
The trailer doesn’t really tell us all that much about the film itself though, but with the inclusion of other characters like Alfred Pennyworth (Ralph Fiennes), Batgirl (Rosario Dawson), The Joker (Zach Galifianakis), and more, I’m hoping the movie manages to not only give us a comedic, self-referential take on the beloved character, but also an actual Batman story as well. Otherwise, I worry that the jokes may wear a bit thin by the time the film’s over.
LEGO Batman movie will hit theatres on February 10th, 2017.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016