It should come as no surprise that Margot Robbie is in demand after her star-making role in The Wolf of Wall Street, and the Australian actress has the movie roles lining up to prove it! It looks like Robbie is quickly making the leap from supporting roles to leading lady ones as well. According to The Wrap, Robbie is in negotiations to take on the role of Jane opposite Alexander Skarsgard in the upcoming movie Tarzan.
This latest incarnation of the Tarzan tale is being directed by David Yates and will also star Christoph Waltz and Samuel L. Jackson. Apparently this version will rely heavily on the original 1912 novel by Edgar Rice Burroughs, ‘Tarzan of the Apes.”
If Robbie lines up the role of Jane, it’ll be the second big role she’s landed in a row. Robbie recently replaced Amanda Seyfried in Craig Zobel’s latest, the sci-fi thriller, Z for Zachariah, which will also star Chris Pine and Chiwetel Ejiofor.
Are you happy to see more of Robbie on the big screen? Let us know your thoughts in the comments!
Latest posts by Desi Jedeikin (see all)
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4 Episode 10 Recap: “The Children” - June 16, 2014
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4 Episode 9 Recap: “The Watchers on the Wall” - June 9, 2014
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4 Episode 8 Recap: “The Mountain And The Viper” - June 2, 2014
- Adam McKay Probably Won’t Direct ‘Ant-Man’ - June 1, 2014
- James Mangold In Talks To Direct Biopic About Football Star Joe Namath - May 29, 2014