Hang on to your ruby reds, kids – ANOTHER “reimagining” about a girl and her pals who’re off to see The Wizard is about to happen.
Except this time, it’s a dude and his three warriors off to DEFEAT the evil Wizard.
You heard me.
Syfy is no stranger to wacky adaptations (including 2007’s “Tin Man”) of the L. Frank Baum classic, but this time they’ve teamed up with director Timur Bekmambetov (Wanted, Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter) to create “Warriors Of Oz.”
This mini-series is the brainchild of Bekmambetov and tells the tale of a warrior (I’m guessing his name will be Donald or some ish) from present-day Earth who finds himself transported to a post-apocalyptic-futuristic Oz and teams up with three warriors (Heartless, Brainless and Coward) to defeat the evil Wizard who rules Oz with an iron fist.
Um…where does Glinda and The Wicked Witch Of The West fit into this? And what about Toto, dang it?!
AND WHO’S GONNA WEAR THESE?!
While Syfy looks for someone who can bring Bekmambetov’s vision to life, Bekmambetov himself sits as executive producer on “Warriors” but whether or not he will direct said mini-series has yet to be confirmed.
Yeah…I’m not so sure about this one. Smells like a sh**show to me.
Latest posts by Cricket Lee (see all)
- ‘Full House’ Sequel ‘Fuller House’ Reveals a Similar Storyline to the Original Series - July 30, 2015
- “Breaking Bad” Real Estate: Jesse Pinkman’s House Is For Sale! (REALLY!) - July 29, 2015
- Let’s Review: “Behind The Mask: The ‘Batman: Dead End’ Story” - July 27, 2015
- Adult Swim’s “RickAndMortyRickstaverse” Instagram Offers Hours Of Exploration (LITERALLY) - July 24, 2015
- Check Out What Happens When ‘Jurassic Park’ and High Heels Combine - July 23, 2015