Aw, say it ain’t so! Tina Fey is developing a supernatural feature film with Disney, but in opposition to a rumor leaked on a tracking board this morning, it won’t be Hocus Pocus 2. If you’re a certain age, this news is probably filling you with sadness. Still, it’s hard to imagine anyone but Bette Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Kathy Najimy in those fabulous witch outfits from the 1993 film.
Now, the good news. According to Deadline, Tina Fey’s new film, which is reportedly in early development, is being called the Untitled Witch Project. Anything this woman touches is bound to be awesome, so as sad as some of you may be about this not being a Hocus Pocus sequel, you know it’s going to be fun. The film will be produced by Fey and Cinderella producer Allison Shearmur and is described as “falling in the vein of Ghostbusters.” Yup, still on board. Even better? Fey is attached to not just produce, but also star.
Now, this is definitely my personal view here, but it’s wonderful to hear about a feature starring a woman, and produced by two of them. We want to hear from you. Are you sad to hear that we’re not going to revisit the Sanderson sisters? (The original rumor described the sequel plot as being set years after the original and focusing on a housewife related to the sisters who has to team up with a witch hunter to save her children.) In case you’re wondering, I’m going to be doing a re-watch of the film tonight, too. Let us know your thoughts below.
Latest posts by Jenna Busch (see all)
- ‘Big Hero 6’: An Early Sneak Peek at Walt Disney Animation’s Newest Film - September 3, 2014
- Robin Williams: Top 10 Performances From a Comic Genius - August 12, 2014
- Joss Whedon Co-Wrote a Folk Song While Shooting ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’ - August 11, 2014
- Marvel Films Ranked From ‘Iron Man’ to ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ - August 1, 2014
- ‘The Avengers 3’: Marvel Eyes a 2018 Release Date - July 31, 2014