Earlier this week, Marvel CCO Joe Quesada revealed that the studio had receieved the rights back to Namor The Sub-Mariner, which predictably, led dozens of fan sites to begin theorizing about whether or not we might see the character receive the big screen treatment from the studio any time soon. It looks like it hasn’t taken very long for the character’s return to make its way around town either, with actors already starting to throw their hats in the ring to play the iconic character.
In this case at least, that actor is none other than TMNT 2 star, Brian Tee, who revealed while speaking with Entertainment Tonight, that Namor would be the one superhero he’d most like to play right now.
“Just saying, Marvel Studios just picked up the rights to Namor, who is the Submariner, and I would love to play the Submariner,” Tee said. “I grew up as a comic geek and the Submariner is one of my childhood’s fondest superheroes. I feel like I can play him! If there is one role, right now, that I would love to play, it would be Namor.”
Tee, who plays Shredder in the new TMNT films, would probably make a good fit for the character when all is said and done. Though at this point, Marvel could cast a toaster oven as the character, and I’d trust them.
It’ll all depend though, on how the studio is planning on introducing the character into the MCU (if they even are), and whether it’ll be on the big screen or small screen. The latter of which seems like a legitimate possibility considering the television side of the universe’s continuing growth in popularity as of late, thanks in great part to The Defenders series on Netflix. For all we know, the character could be at the bottom of the studio’s totem pole right now though, when it comes to characters they’re planning on introducing onscreen in the near future. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016