Luke Grimes, who you may recognize as the man who played James on this past season of “True Blood” or from his role as Maggie Grace’s boyfriend in Taken 2, has scored a part in the upcoming Fifty Shades of Grey movie. Variety says the actor will portray Elliot, the older brother of billionaire Christian Grey (a role recently filled by Jamie Dornan after Charlie Hunnam bailed on the film).
Grimes also starred in the long-delayed indie horror flick All the Boys Love Mandy Lane and the underrated neo-noir Assassination of a High School President. Dakota Johnson is playing the female lead of Anastasia Steele, and Sam Taylor-Johnson will direct. I haven’t read the books, but Variety says the non-lead roles could serve as break-out opportunities for actors like Grimes, so we’ll see if he’s able to land some meatier roles after this movie hits theaters next year.
Latest posts by Admin (see all)
- Conan’s ‘Steve Jobs’ Parody is Exactly What You Want it to Be - October 8, 2015
- WWE Superstar Chavo Guerrerro, Jr. Pays Tribute to “Rowdy” Roddy Piper on ‘The Chavo Show’ - August 6, 2015
- ‘Doctor Who’ Recap: “Last Christmas” - December 26, 2014
- ‘Doctor Who’ Recap: “Death in Heaven” - November 9, 2014
- ‘Doctor Who’ Recap: “Dark Water” - November 2, 2014