A politician in D.C. who’s caught in a scandal with hookers, then he and his sidekick find themselves on the run from a gang of drug dealers, U.S. Marshals, AND the FBI? Could be any given day in our nation’s capital, but it’s not: it’s a new movie that will very possibly star Vince Vaughn.
THR reports that Columbia Pictures have picked up the rights to a script from last year’s Black List called The Politician that will be produced by Mark Gordon (Saving Private Ryan) – who also happens to be the current President of the Producers Guild of America – and Point Grey, a production company comprised of Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg, and James Weaver. Michael Dowse (It’s All Gone Pete Tong, Goon) will direct the Matthew Bass and Theodore Bressman-penned screenplay.
What happens next is anyone’s guess, but I’m kind of over Vaughn playing these roles. I’d rather see him take on another creepy role like he did in 1998’s Clay Pigeons opposite Joaquin Phoenix. The actor has been in some serious talks to play a major role in the upcoming second season of HBO’s “True Detective,” so hopefully that pans out and that starts something of a career comeback for Vaughn, who could really use a hit these days. Director Michael Dowse, who recently helmed the Daniel Radcliffe/Zoe Kazan romcom What If, could also use a hit, considering how terribly What If performed at the box office. Will The Politician be just what the doctor ordered? We’ll have to wait and find out.
What say you? Sound like something you’d like to see?
Latest posts by Cricket Lee (see all)
- ‘Full House’ Sequel ‘Fuller House’ Reveals a Similar Storyline to the Original Series - July 30, 2015
- “Breaking Bad” Real Estate: Jesse Pinkman’s House Is For Sale! (REALLY!) - July 29, 2015
- Let’s Review: “Behind The Mask: The ‘Batman: Dead End’ Story” - July 27, 2015
- Adult Swim’s “RickAndMortyRickstaverse” Instagram Offers Hours Of Exploration (LITERALLY) - July 24, 2015
- Check Out What Happens When ‘Jurassic Park’ and High Heels Combine - July 23, 2015