We’ve been anxiously awaiting a real look at what we can expect from “Better Call Saul,” the prequel/sequel to “Breaking Bad” that will follow Bob Odenkirk’s Saul Goodman character before he gets that name. Now AMC has released the first teaser:
That’s not really much to really go on. But ever since I read Vince Gilligan and showrunner Peter Gould’s comments about whether they should include certain “Breaking Bad” characters in this new series, I’ve been more optimistic about this show. I think it’s a case of managing expectations; as long as we go into it knowing that there’s no way it’ll ever hit the brilliance of “Breaking Bad,” we’re giving the show a fair shake and allowing it to work on its own terms. I really enjoyed Odenkirk’s work as Saul on “Breaking Bad,” but it remains to be seen whether this will be one of those situations in which a side character works better as a side character, or if he can hold an entire show on his shoulders. We’ll find out when “Better Call Saul” premieres on AMC in February of 2015.
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014