Everyone has his or her own favorite Star Wars character. Han Solo or Darth Vader might be the most popular dudes from the galaxy far, far away, but for many, bounty hunter Boba Fett was (and maybe still is) the epitome of cool. Thanks to LucasFilm’s exhaustive marketing push of everything Star Wars-related, the Mandalorian badass has become as iconic and instantly recognizable as any of the characters in that franchise.
But even the biggest Fett fans might not have seen this side of him before. A video surfaced recently that reveals the very first screen test for the character back in 1978, in which host Ben Burtt (one of the world’s most famous sound designers) talks us through the individual elements of Fett’s costume. This is before Jeremy Bulloch took the part (and way before Daniel Logan in the prequels), so editor Duwayne Dunham jumped into the suit, highlighting the flexible nature of the character’s design. (He was originally intended to be a character that could make public appearances and interact with the public at special events, so making it so various actors could “play” the role was key.) Check out the video below, and let us know where Boba ranks on your own list of favorite Star Wars characters.
It’d be pretty cool if we get a peek at that white suit in the upcoming Star Wars movies, huh? Rumor has it one of them could be a Boba Fett spin-off, so we could easily see a scenario in which he creates a new suit and it’s colored white before he sprays some color onto it. Might be a cool Easter egg for fans. How ’bout it, Disney?
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014