When I saw these headlines going around the interwebs this morning, I assumed the bit about Bale wearing Val Kilmer’s Batsuit meant that the Oscar-winning actor had agreed to participate in a new Funny or Die video. But that’s not what’s going on here: Batman-News has reviewed The Dark Knight Trilogy Ultimate Collector’s Edition (which our own Chris Clow does not recommend purchasing), and in their write-up, they unearthed Christian Bale’s real audition tape. Yes – he’s actually wearing Kilmer’s Batsuit from Batman Forever.
I know we didn’t get to see much of her in this audition tape, but how great would it have been if Amy Adams played Rachel Dawes in Nolan’s trilogy? Yes, she eventually went on to play Lois Lane in Man of Steel (and she did a great job with what she was given there), but I can’t help but wonder if her talents may have been better suited for Gotham rather than Metropolis. I liked Maggie Gyllenhaal as Rachel in The Dark Knight, but Adams certainly would have been better fit than Katie Holmes in Batman Begins.
Is this the right time for me to launch into a defense of Kilmer’s performance as both Bruce Wayne and Batman in the unfairly ridiculed Batman Forever? No? OK then – I’ll save that for another day.
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014