Robert Rodriguez’s Machete Kills only made about $14 million worldwide, and it wasn’t quite as fun as the first film in the unlikely franchise (read our review from Fantastic Fest here). But even though I think the gloriously over-the-top Hobo With A Shotgun is the apex of grindhouse filmmaking, I couldn’t help but get a little excited when I heard Rodriguez was planning a third Machete movie that would take place in space.
The director told Vulture the third film would be have “a light-saber machete, space-babes…it’ll be kind of like Moonraker!” Well, now we know Rodriguez wasn’t just messing around with those promises. Those of you who saw Machete Kills in theaters have already seen this trailer, but it’s now made its way online for the rest of us to see. Watch it below:
There’s a lot of speculation that we may never see a full feature film version of this movie since Machete Kills underperformed at the box office, but Rodriguez has made a career out of making movies with extremely low budgets, and his guerrilla style will certainly help keeps costs down if they decide to go ahead with this one. We’ll keep you posted if we hear anything concrete about the future of this project, but in the meantime, sound off in the comments and let us know if Machete Kills Again…In Space is something you’d like to see on the big screen.
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014