Happy Fourth of July, everyone! We hope you’re having an excellent day cooking out, hanging at the beach, and preparing to launch some fireworks tonight (obligatory “be safe” warning here). But if you decided to check out our site in your downtime, we figured what better way to celebrate the kick-ass-ness of America than featuring the final trailer for Guillermo del Toro’s Pacific Rim? This movie looks like it has a scope appropriate for our country (at times known for its excess), and seeing giant robots clash with giant monsters sounds like a damn good time to me. Plus, this final trailer concentrates more on the humanity of the film, and Idris Elba gives a speech that rivals this classic scene from Independence Day. Pacific Rim opens on July 12th.
And as a quick added bonus, here’s 12 minutes of B-roll footage from the movie that will give you a better look at how things worked on set. Have a great day, everyone.
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014