Written in 2005 by Carol Aebersold and her daughter Chanda Bell, The Elf On A Shelf: A Christmas Tradition has become just that for families around the world. It even comes complete with a keepsake box that houses said elf. Once the family — or new owner — of the elf goes to the back of the book and scribbles down a name for it (and if they want, the day they “adopted” the elf), that’s when the magic begins as the elf is now “activated.” Then, like a festively dressed spy, it watches you as it flies back and forth to the North Pole to report on your good/bad deeds.
“There’s only one rule that you have to follow, so I will come back and be here tomorrow: Please do not touch me. My magic might go, and Santa won’t hear all I’ve seen or I know.”
According to the Wiki (as I don’t have children and have never owned one of these elves) once the elf is placed, they are never to be touched again, but they can talk to it, and it will then tell Santa all their wishes for Christmas. On Christmas Day, he/she goes back to the North Pole to “stay with Santa” and returns the next Christmas season.
While the main audience of the Elf is children, adults have joined in on the fun; now the Elf is (as Britney Spears sings) “not that innocent.”
THAT’S where the striped mints come from. Gross.
He’s still not gonna tell you where the gifts are hidden, dude.
“I find your lack of gifts disturbing.”
Whenever HE’S around, things never go well for Frosty.
No, Frosty does NOT need a “blowout.”
Well, two out of four judges thinks he’s pretty good.
The revolt begins…
Even elves need to unwind…
The Creeper Elf On The Shelf means you get NOTHING.
You know what’s in that box, girl.
Do YOU do fun or naughty things to YOUR elf on the shelf? Leave your pics in the comments below!
Latest posts by Cricket Lee (see all)
- ‘Full House’ Sequel ‘Fuller House’ Reveals a Similar Storyline to the Original Series - July 30, 2015
- “Breaking Bad” Real Estate: Jesse Pinkman’s House Is For Sale! (REALLY!) - July 29, 2015
- Let’s Review: “Behind The Mask: The ‘Batman: Dead End’ Story” - July 27, 2015
- Adult Swim’s “RickAndMortyRickstaverse” Instagram Offers Hours Of Exploration (LITERALLY) - July 24, 2015
- Check Out What Happens When ‘Jurassic Park’ and High Heels Combine - July 23, 2015