The plotline for the Will Ferrell- and Kevin Hart-starring Get Hard is undeniably ripe for comedic highs – Ferrell plays a rich investment bank manager sentenced to prison for a crime he didn’t commit who eventually enlists the help of his car washer (Hart) to prep for the big house, so there will surely be situtational laughs and a whole bunch of odd couple gags – and the addition of Etan Cohen as the project’s director should only add to the wacky hijinks sure to come.
Cohen is best known for his funny screenplays, including Tropic Thunder, Idiocracy, and Ghostbusters III (if that project should ever actually happen), but Variety reports that he’s been itching to get in the director’s chair (aren’t they always?). He’s already helmed a short, My Wife Is Retarded, and he’s also attached to direct another Ferrell-starring project, Daddy’s Home.
The addition of Cohen might help move the film into production with a bit of swiftness, as Hart’s increasingly packed schedule and Ferrell’s always-busy one could make this one a bit tricky. Warner Bros., however, is reportedly keen to make Get Hard Hart’s next big project, so this one will probably be fast-tracked before we know it.
Latest posts by Kate Erbland (see all)
- Review: ‘Horrible Bosses 2’ Owes Everything to Strong Cast Chemistry, Not Recycled Plot - November 25, 2014
- Review: Haunting ‘Foxcatcher’ Hunts Down the Depths of the American Dream [NYFF] - November 14, 2014
- Review: ‘Big Hero 6’ Is the World’s Most Effective Baymax Delivery System - November 6, 2014
- Review: Miles Teller Pounds His Way Into Stunning, Drumming New Levels in ‘Whiplash’ - October 10, 2014
- Review: Overwrought ‘Maps to the Stars’ Can’t Stay on Course [NYFF] - October 6, 2014