Everyone’s breathlessly anticipating J.J. Abrams’ upcoming Star Wars: Episode VII (it’s going to overtake Avatar as the highest grossing film of all time, right?), but “Star Wars: Rebels” – the animated series coming to Disney XD next month – is also a big deal for Star Wars fans. And thanks to a new quote from producer Simon Kinberg, it may have just become an even bigger deal.
Kinberg spoke with Entertainment Weekly, and even though “Rebels” takes place between Episodes III and IV, decades before the events of Episode VII, there will still be connective tissue between the stories.
It’s a very integrated process, there’s real communication between all the filmmakers because we’re all part of a larger timeline. There is absolutely communication and integration between the different stories. We are very aware of what they’re doing in VII, and we also have to click into place with Episode IV…There are characters, vehicles, imagery that are introduced in the show before we’ve ever seen them in the movies, possibly including VII.
So even though Episode VII doesn’t come out until December of next year (it’s still more than a year away, people!), we may start getting a small taste of ships, characters, or plot elements that appear in the movie as soon as next month’s premiere. That’s one more reason for the Star Wars diehards out there to make sure to tune into every episode of the show. Another reason to tune in? It actually looks pretty solid. Check out the first seven minutes of the series right here.
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014