At the end of X-Men: Apocalypse, a number of the property’s most iconic team members ended up wearing film versions of their comic book costumes, or at least variations of them, as they all turned and looked at the camera. This was, in typical Bryan Singer fashion, after an entire end fight scene where they’re all wearing all black “flight suits” though, since they couldn’t have just had their costumes beforehand. Unfortunately.
While the costumes were actually somewhat solid adaptations of their comic book counterparts as well (specifically Cyclops), there were still notable differences in the designs and look of some of them.
Concept Artists Joshua James Shaw has revealed a new set of unfinished concept art designs for the film on his Facebook page though, including two different variations of the Cyclops costume, and Mystique’s. Surprisingly as well, one of the images includes Jennifer Lawrence’s Mystique with her signature red hair and not when she is blue either.
Again, I actually liked the film’s version of Cyclops’ costume at the end, and I’m glad they went with the visor look instead of the red glasses shown in one of these images, though the bright yellow and blue costume may have made me even happier. Mystique’s costume is somewhat like this at the end of the movie as well, though there are differences in the color and some of the design aspects as well.
Shaw is just the latest concept artist to release alternate versions of comic book movie scenes/costumes over the past few months though, following alternate designs released for even Captain America: Civil War a few weeks ago as well.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016