UPDATED 6:20pm PST: Microsoft is reporting that the issues are now being resolved, and that people should be able to start using Xbox Live again.
Original Story: If you were hoping to get some gaming done tonight on your Xbox 360 or Xbox One, then you may be out of luck.
According to Microsoft’s Xbox Live support page, the online network’s “core services” are down on both the old and new gen systems. The outage is apparently headed by a problem relating to simply signing into Xbox Live, but other services, including the store, are affected as well. Microsoft’s dedicated Xbox Support Twitter page has advised gamers to keep looking out there for any updates:
Our teams are aware some of you may have trouble connecting to Xbox Live. For updates be sure to check here – http://t.co/99xfLNN0o8 ^CR
It’s hard not to look at an outage like this with bated breath, especially after the video game outages over the holidays that affected both Microsoft’s Xbox Live, feeding the Xbox 360 and Xbox One, and Sony’s PlayStation Network, feeding the PlayStation 3 and 4 systems. Hopefully this outage isn’t due to any specific attack, but it’s hard to tell, especially considering that these attacks are becoming more and more frequent.
Thankfully, not all gamers are affected, since Sony reports that the PlayStation Network is fully active across the PS3, PS4, and PS Vita.
For more on his as it develops, keep an eye on @XboxSupport and GeekNation.
Latest posts by Chris Clow (see all)
- Original ‘Mortal Kombat’ Film Turns 20 Years Old Today - August 18, 2015
- ‘Alien 5’ Production May Be Delayed by ‘Prometheus 2’ - August 18, 2015
- Hugh Jackman Teases Other Comics Characters, Berserker Rage - August 18, 2015
- 343 Industries Responds to Backlash Over No Split-Screen Gameplay in ‘Halo 5: Guardians’ - August 17, 2015
- First Look at ‘Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection’ on PS4 in New Story Trailer - August 17, 2015