When we last saw Jack Bauer in action, he had pissed off the Russian and United States governments and was on the run, forced to start a new life outside the States. That was in May of 2010, and Fox’s upcoming event series “24: Live Another Day” will pick up four years later with Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland) on the run living in London. But he won’t be alone – tech whiz Chloe O’Brien (Mary Lynn Rajskub) will still have his back, and now THR reports that “Chuck” star Yvonne Strahovski has joined the cast as well.
She’ll play Kate Morgan, a “brilliant but impulsive” CIA agent on the ground in London, and THR indicates she’ll be on Bauer’s side despite the fact that he’s an international fugitive. Sounds like Bauer needs all the help he can get, and Strahovski has proven herself more than capable of playing a worthwhile spy in the past.
Side note: I also just found out that Gbenga Akinnagbe will be co-starring in this event series. If you don’t recognize that name off the top of your head, perhaps you’ll remember the most famous character that actor played: he portrayed Marlo Stanfield’s no-nonsense assassin Chris Partlow on HBO’s incredible drama “The Wire.” Akinnagbe has bounced around in small roles in film and television since “The Wire” went off the air, but it’ll be nice for fans to have the chance to see him in something high profile like this.
“24: Live Another Day” will have a two hour premiere on Monday, May 5th, 2014, starting at 8pm on Fox.
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014